Saturday, December 12, 2009

day twenty five & twenty six

it's amazing, now that i've detoxed all the bad food out of my system, how horrible i feel when i actually do eat crappy food. i had a good morning/lunch but was gift wrapping at the mall last night and ate a piece of pizza and a brownie for dinner and about 30 minutes afterwards my stomach started to lurch. i'll just leave it at that. i did thirteen miles this morning with my T(train)E(endurance)A(achieve)M(matter)(GO LLS!) and at 6 or 7 miles was really starting to feel that pizza working it's way through my system (what didn't work it's way through last night).

one of our team members, Doug, is now out of remission, showed up to give our mission moment, and i couldn't help but cry. he has a family and cannot work and not only is he on new treatments because his old one stopped working, but his bills are over $8,000 a month. i'm donating whatever i make over my gift wrapping to his family & i'm going to put together a starbucks basket. this seems like peanuts, but i can't swing anything financially to give. at least i can donate my time to try to give money that way, and some coffee and tea. if you feel like donating to such a worthy cause, you can here! the more i get donated (i have $289 left) the more that i make from wrapping will go to Doug to pay for his treatments.

that being said, i have to really thank my mentor this year, Lisa. i was pretty miserable when i moved to Orlando, & didn't know if i was going to last. joining the Leukemia & Lymphoma society's running team is my new family down here. we cheer each other on, trade emails, share stories, and we're doing it for a great cause. Lisa, my mentor, is an angel. she works full time, has a family, runs all these crazy miles every week(she's doing the GOOFY challenge, both the half marathon AND the marathon, god bless her), AND she runs SO many fundraisers for us, including gift wrapping at TWO malls, which is an insane amount of work. she is always there to pick up my phone call, answer an email, and is incredibly easy to talk to. i would have not made it through this season of running, or even this semester of school, had it not been for her. Lisa has had an unbelievable impact on me & i hope that she can take some time for herself & rest over the holidays. I hope I can be just like her when i grow up!!

today i had a english muffin with almond butter before my run(no time for a smoothie)
lunch:fruit smoothie
dinner: salad & a lara bar
and i had a coffee on the way home, too.

can't wait to go home next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment