Saturday, March 13, 2010

red cabbage taco wraps

today i completed my duathlon! as a non-competitor (just wanted to finish) i actually placed 2nd in my age group! very exciting! i rode with my hybrid bike, but i found it definitely pays to get a road bike. even pedaling super fast, people double my age were flying by me. unfortunately, i don't have the funds for that right now - a good road bike on sale can cost over $700. the race did consist of me running through knee high water from the previous days torrential downpours. let me tell you - running with very heavy & wet sneakers is not all that fun, especially when it happens the first five minutes of the race (i still had a great time nonetheless). i also took a big digger in T2 (that's transition 2, for all of you people who have no idea what i'm talking about, don't worry, i didn't about two months ago). as i was coming off of my bike, with wet sneakers & wet pavement, i slipped & fell on my left knee. everyone got quiet & looked at me as if they had never seen someone fall before (pretty funny stuff). i had to get up & yell "i'm okay! don't worry!" subsequently, my left knee has been bothering me for about a month, but only after spinning class, so i haven't thought much of it until the past few hours when it started throbbing - there's also a pretty good gash there that was under my pants that i was not aware of until after i got home to take a shower. either way, i finished & i'm totally hooked. we had beautiful weather & i had SO much fun!


















that being said, afterwards i stopped for coffee, came home & went back out to the farmers market, also cleaned & vacuumed my car, did all my laundry & tidied up little bit. needless to say, when i went to go read a book out by the pool around 2:30, i couldn't keep my eyes open! had to nap.

i did, however, make a WONDERFUL dinner. i was in the mood for tacos, so i made these:










they are red cabbage taco wraps - i found the recipe on raw nation, & was inspired by it, but did my own variation.

head of red cabbage (i only used 2 leaves though)
avocado slices
organic/raw salsa (i used black bean)
fresh cilantro (chopped)
fresh green onion (chopped)
tomato slices
lettuce (chopped)
red onion (chopped)

to be honest i just chopped up a little bit of everything & threw it all in there. i suppose a couple of tablespoons of everything would be sufficient though. these are totally raw, but you could definitely make them & then add fake meat, cheese, etc. either way, they totally satiated the craving i was having!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats again on the AMAZING ACCOMPLISHMENT, that is fantastic!! One day soon, Meg, I will make a healthy delicious dessert something! I swear! Though what I posted today would certainnllyyy not fall in that category. (Actually the fiance's entire fam is on a diet, so I have been researching low fat goodies) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Meg!! That's so amazing! I'm sorry to hear you hurt your knee though - is it feeling better? Is there another event you're gearing up for???

    ReplyDelete