Monday, February 8, 2010

hummus recipe

normally, on a monday night, you'll find me gorging myself at my friend heather's house watching the bachelor. tonight, however, the arugula or the salad dressing gave me quite the stomach ache & i opted to stay home in bed & eat a sleeve of saltines with my reheatable heating pad (which is amazing & smells like ginger, from origins).

& finally, i have someone to hold me accountable again. my friend trish & i are checking in with each other once a week on weight loss & waist size. this should help. i've done really well with eating & working out yesterday & today: and i'm running ANOTHER half marathon on saturday! woohoo!

also, hummus (store bought) bothers my stomach, but for some reason, when i make my own, it doesn't. i think this is because of all the preservatives. anyways, here is a GREAT recipe i've been using to make my own. enjoy!


Prep Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients:

* 1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
* 1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas (take it or leave it, i leave it out)
* 3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
* 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed (i love garlic, so i add 3)
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons olive oil

Combine ingredients in blender or food processor. Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth.

Add a small amount (1-2 tablespoons) of olive oil in the well. Garnish with parsley (optional).

2 comments:

  1. good luck on saturday and tell trish i say hi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! just made this and i'm hoping for the best as far as stomach aches are concerned....it tastes amazing.

    ReplyDelete