Saturday, January 2, 2010

new years

happy new year everyone. my friend, tym, shared this with me, & i thought i'd share it here:

"a new years benediction" by neil gaiman

May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books, and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art. Write, or draw, or build, or sing, or live, as only you can.

May your coming year be a wonderful thing, in which you dream both dangerously and outrageously. I hope you'll make something that didn't exist before you made it; that you will be loved, and you will be liked; and you will have people to love and to like in return. And most importantly, because I think there should be more kindness and more wisdom in the world right now, I hope that you will, when you need to be, be wise, and that you will always be kind. And I hope that somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.


on another note, i have not eaten raw, or well, for that matter, over the holidays, and have put on a few pounds(not something i'm pleased with). nor have i really been keeping up with my running(thank you snow). i'm a little nervous about being able to run my 13 miles next saturday at the big race(only a week away!!!) because of lack of keeping up with it. i'll do a little training when i get home, but nothing too strenuous so i don't hurt myself. i'll be back on board my regular eating habits & lifestyle once i land in florida monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment